cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Haas Vertical Mill Post Processor

ptc-2830123
1-Newbie

Haas Vertical Mill Post Processor

I'm trying to get from a .mfg file to making chips in my tool room on a Haas vertical mill. I don't understand the NC post processor and how it interfaces with my mfg file. I have my machine tool, cutters, and toolpaths all set, but I don't understand how to get it to G-code that my haas can use. I'm using wildfire 4.0 Any help would be very appreciated!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Ian, I'm not sure I know what is confusing you, but I'm going to guess that it has to do with the sequence of translations that takes place on the way to G-code. From .mfg to G-code involves two translations, one into universal APT format, the next into G-code. Menu picks: If you select CL Data/Output then pick Operation, Sequence or Set ... File, you will come to the OUTPUT TYPE menu. CL File is pre-checked, and if you select Done you will get only the first translation into G-code. If you pick MCD (Machine Control Data) you will also get G-code. After you accept the selection, you will then have to pick a Post Processor from the list that appears in the PP List menu. If you already have your post processor defined, you're all set. Otherwise, you can use one from the list that is close to your needs, or modify or create a new one using the Applications/NC Post Processor option. David

My error: "first translation into G-code" should have read "first translation into APT format". APT (Automatically Programmable Tooling) format is a reader friendly format with words like CIRCLE which will eventually be translated into G-code G02 or G03, for example. This allows a certain amount of flexibility; APT programs are "portable" and allow different post processors to do the same work using different machine tools including some that may not be designed yet. (Once upon a time there were no post processors built into Pro/E.)
Top Tags