cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to change the cut-distance generated when using "rot fix" when placing an ejector?

cfrederiksen
3-Visitor

How to change the cut-distance generated when using "rot fix" when placing an ejector?

Hey everybody,

When i place ejectors using EMX, the cut which is generated is always very close or coincident with the ejctor shaft. See pic:

rotfix.PNG

This makes it difficult to add a champfer in the hole.

I would like the distance from center of ejector to rotfix surface to be bigger. See below pic:

rotfix1.PNG

Where can i find the parameter file, from which i can increase this distance??

Best regards Clement

Creo3.0 M040

EMX9.0 F012

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Clement,

If you have a look to the Component Dialogs bottom area you will find the dimension OFF which is responsible for your described issue.ejp_rotfix1.PNG

In the last column you will also find a RULE which presdefines the OFF value depending on the DM3 Diameter: In this case 0.5*DM3.

This rule is set up in the udf_data.txt file, which can be found here: <emx_intall>\components\mm\ejector\udf

In my example I assemble an ejector pin which uses the template: "ejector_2.prt"

In the udf_data.txt all udfs used for the template type "ejector_2.prt" defined in the Section EMX_UDFS (See picture below)

You will find the udf EJP_CB_FIX1_2 which ist responsible for the cut out of type Rotfix1

ejp_rotfix4.PNG

The rules for this UDF are defined in the udf_data.txt a bit further bleow in the the section EMX_UDF_VALUES

ejp_rotfix3.PNG

You can now either change this rules to maybe to 0.6*DM3 or what ever you like.

Be aware that if you install a new blank EMX Version all these cahnges will be reset to default.

You can use alternativly set the Windows enivroment variable EMX_USER_CONFIG_PATH to point to a custom EMX configuration path there you can place the configuration and the components folder. I recommend to track your changes to the config otherwise future users wont now what was changed and this can cause unexpected behavior.

Regards

Thomas

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks for your feedback Thomas! Great, just the information i needed.

Regards Clement

Top Tags