cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to propagate misc tool parameter values from a tool to a Manufacturing NC sequence ?

fgeiskopf01
6-Contributor

How to propagate misc tool parameter values from a tool to a Manufacturing NC sequence ?

Hello,

This topic is very closed to the Article - CS149279.

I would like to know, how to propagate the three misc datas (COOLANT_OPTION, COOLANT_PRESSURE, SPINDLE_SENSE) specified in a tool to a sequence ?

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

I haven't read the referenced CS article, but there is a config.pro setting that *seems* like it might be pertinent:

mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool

with possible settings of

all, none, misc, cutting

If you do a little experimenting, maybe you'll find this helpful? I haven't ever looked into this, but if it works, it might be helpful to me, too.

fgeiskopf01
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Hello,

Thank you for answering. I have tested this solution.

mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool set on misc. seems to work. But just when we create a new sequence.

If you change the value of the misc. tool parameters, the sequence is not modified.

Cutting datas are updated automtically if their values are modified, as explained in https://www.ptc.com/cs/help/creo_hc/creo20_hc/index.jspx?id=using_the_cutting_data_supplied_for_the_tool&action=show

So that's a beginning

Regards

Ah, that would make sense. It's the same with other settings, like for drawings. The thought behind it is: You create a sequence and initially your parameters are taken from the tool definitions. As you actually run the programs, you find that you need to make the feed rate less, because the material is different slightly, and the calculations for these things are not precise. You change the numbers and get the program to work well without breaking cutting tools, etc. If the values were "updated" to the tool definition values every time, that would continually erase your improvements.

Tool settings are a good starting place, but only empirical information from actually running things will work to optimize the programs. I should know, I've actually melted a $500 insert cutter into a meteorite, even though I based the feeds and speeds on the manufacturer's data. It glowed a pretty orange as it died.

fgeiskopf01
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

You are right, concerning cutting conditions optimisation.

Specifying relations in sites is the way I first fill in the value of these parameters. If I need to optimise them, I just overwrite the relation and control specific values for speeds, depths of cut.

That's why, if I could apply any relation concerning misc. parameters, i could extend the same strategy to all the tool  parameters.

Bye

Top Tags