cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I have a few operations in my program but unable to post to mutli- work offsets!!.

cfardmanesh
4-Participant

I have a few operations in my program but unable to post to mutli- work offsets!!.

Does anyone know how to do this?. I have not seen out of 200 so speak free half hearted post the PTC offer that can do that .

Multi-Axis machining is a must these days and will be here for a long time. Because the 3D stuff is very slow and has material constraints the limits things you can do!.

1 REPLY 1

Not really sure what you are looking for.

Do you mean you want to have multiple coordinate systems in your mfg assembly that you can change your origin for different sequences? You can have unlimited csys in your mfg assembly. Then choose the one you want as your origin for each sequence. (This is how you create tombstone rotation in a 4 axis machining center program.) But you could also use it to create multiple zero points on a 3 axis set up. The important thing to remember is - in your sequence parameters you must set your "COORDINATE_OUTPUT" to "SEQUENCE_CSYS" and not "MACHINE_CSYS". If you use "MACHINE_CSYS" it will use the operation csys defined in the operation as the origin and your coordinates will be in relation to that and not the csys you selected for the sequence. 

If you are looking to have a different work coordinate NUMBER output in your G-code file (G54, G55, G56, etc), that would be the "FIXT_OFFSET_REG" value you set in your sequence parameters. But this also is dependent on your post processor and how you have it set for work coordinates.

Top Tags