cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Problems when editing EMX Parameters manually

jahorner-weber
1-Newbie

Problems when editing EMX Parameters manually

Many EMX users show the BOM Parameters in their modeltree for easy editing. This can cause troubles as EMX does not consider manually overwritten parameters. So the internal EMX parameter values will be used to overwrite such modified parameters when using EMX BOM functionality. Here is the best practice tipp to avoid such problems:

As an example the odering number of a Meusburger guide bushing will be used. The parameter name ORD_NUMBER for this ordering number is specified in EMX Options > Parameter:

option.jpg

Here you see the paramerter ORD_NUMBER and the component parameter BUW_ORD_NUMBER displayed as extra columns in the modeltree.

man_edit.jpg

The content of BUW_ORD_NUMBER is maintained by EMX and must not be modified. If you edit the content of ORD_NUMBER now, EMX does not know baout it and will reset the value to the content of BUW_ORD_NUMBER automatically. To avoid this ... use Edit BOM Entry-function instead:

EditBOMentry.jpg

and enter the desired new value in this dialog box:

correct.jpg

Doing so, the manually overwritten value will remain during the entire design process!

Hannes

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Hannes,

These mini-tutorials are great to understand functionality.

Now correct me if i'm wrong but by using EDIT BOM entry-function we are modifying this particular component parameter value. This means that while in the part we have the 4 guide bushings with the same modified value, but when we enter the EMX BOM we'll have 3+1 quantity. Correct?

Thanks.

Hello Antonio,

it depends on which parameters you have chosen to be used as "seperator" for the EMX BOM. In the example shown above I use the content of &ord_number-Parameter only for summarizing the models in the BOM. So here all four bushings will appear in one line! Its a pattern of four models ... so it cant be seperated.

For the typical 3+1-guidesets ... you would find a bushing pattern with 3 members and one with one member.

Regards

Hannes

Top Tags