cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Problems with units in Automatic Workpiece in Mold Cavity

ptc-4637347
1-Newbie

Problems with units in Automatic Workpiece in Mold Cavity

Hello guys,

I have quite a trouble with Automatic Workpiece in Mold Cavity. I just cant choose any units in offsets. I have no idea why. I did some googling but couldnt find anything usefull. Do you have any advice? Thank you very much.

10 REPLIES 10
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4637347)

Mine is that way, too. But I never use automatic (had to try it and see). Are on you on build m070?

You guys didn't install "mold component catlog" under option

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:gkrishna)

Oh good call. Just got my key this week, so should go do that...Maybe that will fix my runner issue.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Inoram)

Yup that was it. Had to have the catalog installed.

Thanks a lot 🙂 for this helpfull answer. But I did a little googling and guess it is quite complicated to install "mold component catlog" . I am at school and have no access to anything what I need to pay for. Does this mean that school did not buy this catalog ? Is it free ?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

In the regular version it is easy, it's just an option you select. In the school version I do not know. You can re-run the setup and see if the option is available. And I also don't know if it's free for school versions, for normal people it is the far opposite of free, it's expensive.

And where do select it if its there ? You go file -> options -> and now ? Because I tried to find mold component catlog there and I couldnt. This can mean, that it is not there in my version or that I am a very bad finder. 😄

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

You have to run the setup.exe. Click Install or add software. But I am not sure your version looks like this.

But if you have it, click that and then click the command config tab and Edit your start command to start those licenses, too.

add-soft.JPG

I am also having this problem in Creo 4.0.

Run setup.exe. 

Select "Upgrade existing software".

Next

I Accept Agrrements (and all).

Next

Select License file if it's not there.

Next

In "Application Selection " Tab, click on 'Customize'.

Go to Creo Parametric tab

In right side, drop down "Option"

Select "Mold Component Catalogue"

Ok. 

Complete the following setup. 

Your Problem must be solved.

If not, send me message.

Top Tags