cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Write permissions issue

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Write permissions issue

I'm trying to install onto a mounted drive, from my Windows 7 machine, and Creo is telling me that I don't have write permissions to the folder.

I'm doing the same thing from my XP machine, to the same mounted drive, right now. Same user, same permissions. Windows 7 is trying to protect me from myself.

I'm running the Creo installer as administrator on the Windows 7 machine. (I am an administrator on the local machine and the remote machine. I have "full control" permissions on the shared folder.)

Any ideas????

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Just a guess - but I'll bet you $0.05 that you are encountering Windoze DEP (Data Execution Protection) issues...

Run the Installer with the right click Run as Administrator

Also be aware that if you use c:\users as you user folder then this may cause issues under windows 7 as it now has a c:\users which is protected by the os

Top Tags