cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

chamfer milling in Creo 2.0 (Summary)

snguyen
1-Newbie

chamfer milling in Creo 2.0 (Summary)

Thank you to Bill for the parameter I needed to change.

Works like a charm.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
JoseCoronado
14-Alexandrite
(To:snguyen)

Son, maybe the slides below can also help:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D04553.44817000]

[cid:image003.jpg@01D04553.44817000]

The parameters NUMBER_FIRST_FINCUTS, NUMBER_LAST_CUTS, FIRST_FINCUT_OFFSET, LAST_FINCUT_OFFSET are used for multi-cut machining (similar to NC-Expert). Also, the parameters CORNER_FINISH_TYPE, INTER_RET_HEIGHT, SIDE_CLEARANCE, and TOOL_OVERLAP are used similar to NC-Expert.

Regards
Jose

This tool path works fine when you know about CUTTING_DIAMETER (new in Creo I believe) parameter. Trajectory (2-axis) works well too, especially because PERCENT_LENGTH is all you need to be aware of. Too bad for me that I had to educate technical support on all of this to get a handle on it. Oh yes, also be aware that in the new Corner Round tool path I believe the tool radius must match the corner round value. Where I work, the round tolerance is usually pretty large, so if your round is 5mm +/- 1mm then you might have to sketch a tool and curve to accommodate the tool you have to get a tool path.

Terry
blong
4-Participant
(To:snguyen)

Does chamfer milling work on edges for deburring or do you have to have an actual chamfer feature ?

Could it be a step file chamfer will it work ?

I have not even messed with it yet because I always chamfer my parts using sketched tool and traj milling.

B

Top Tags