cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

School licence Activation Problem on new Machine

RF_10774830
3-Visitor

School licence Activation Problem on new Machine

I have switched Operating System from Windows to Linux. I need Mathcad for school work, so I Virtualized a Windows Machine on my Laptop. I now wanted to install Mathcad on this new Virtualized Windows machine, but when trying to activate the licence, I get an error message that I have too many licence requests for this licence. I guess because I already activated the new licence on the old machine, it now is fixed to that one? I tried activating it via the sw_licence_email_######.dat file I got send on my account email weeks ago when activating on the old machine, but this also didn't work. The error message here is:

The licence request failed. Requesting MathcadPrime ... C:\Users\user\Downloads\sw_license_email_######.dat: (-9) Invalid Host

Help or info would be appreciated.
Thank you for support

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Because I just switched my OS and not the device, I still had the same MAC address and the licence file checks for the MAC address. After creating the Virtual Windows Machine, I just had to change the address so it is identical to my pc and the licence check throws no more error. 👌

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Try to request for a license manually by providing your Mathcad product code and physical address of Ethernet adapter using the following web case logger: http://support.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenterSingleUser.htm

Tried the link and entered all necessary info (Product code and Mac address) but I get this message: 

RF_10774830_0-1727950343605.png

Because I just switched my OS and not the device, I still had the same MAC address and the licence file checks for the MAC address. After creating the Virtual Windows Machine, I just had to change the address so it is identical to my pc and the licence check throws no more error. 👌

Announcements
Top Tags