cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

license issue

JK_7487006
1-Newbie

license issue

I am getting an invalid host license error. I re-ran MathCAD License Setup wizard but it did not solve the issue. I opened my license file and see that it lists a CPU code. This has worked on this computer for years. I went to the cmd prompt and typed ipconfig /all. The physical address of the same computer that has been running MathCAD does not match what is in the license file. I don't understand why the physical address is different now as I made no changes to my computer other than upgrading windows. I can't run MathCAD 15 until this is resolved. Can you help? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the issue.  In the wifi settings I had "use random addresses for this network" turned on.  This causes the physical address to be randomly changed.  When it doesn't match the physical address listed in the license file, MathCAD doesn't work.  Turning this off solved the issue by allowing the computer to report the actual physical address.  MathCAD works fine now 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JK_7487006)

Does your PC have a wireless and a wired network interface, and does the MAC address in your license file match with one of these?

 

Success!
Luc

The PC is only on wireless.  when I go to the command prompt and type ipconfig /all it lists multiple "physical address" but no "MAC" addresses are listed.  I see two adapter listings, the only ones not "disconnected".  One is a "wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi" and the other is a "Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection", both of which list physical addresses.  The "ethernet adapter bluetooth network connection" physical address is nearly identical to the CPU number listed in the PTC license pack.  Both numbers match except for the last digit.  The one in the license ends in "B" while the one listed on my computer ends in "C".  I think something happened to my computer in that it changed its physical address, which is odd.

I found the issue.  In the wifi settings I had "use random addresses for this network" turned on.  This causes the physical address to be randomly changed.  When it doesn't match the physical address listed in the license file, MathCAD doesn't work.  Turning this off solved the issue by allowing the computer to report the actual physical address.  MathCAD works fine now 🙂

Thanks for sharing the solution to this problem!

Top Tags