cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Altering Ribbon content

rclayton
4-Participant

Altering Ribbon content

I'm new to Prime. The function groups in the function ribbon are not the ones I need regularly. I know I can click on fx to get a list but I feel I should be able to change them. I've tried right clicking everything in site but to no avail. Can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8

So you want to create your own drop-down list of functions on the "Functions" panel?

rclayton
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks for the question. My issue is that the Mathcad Prime 2 "Functions" Ribbon has buttons for Bessel, Curve Fitting, Data Analysis, etc - a total of twelve buutons. There are 31 function groups and many I use more frequently than the 12 given. My question is can the ribbon be added to or can the given 12 be removed and replaced by function groups more useful to me. The choice of the 12 seems random and I guess across the spectrum of users there would be as many combinations of "favourite 12" as there are combinations (>10^8).

Robert Clayton wrote:

...My question is can the ribbon be added to or can the given 12 be removed and replaced by function groups more useful to me...

It isn't possible.

rclayton
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. It's a pity you can't do it; maybe later versions. However, it's only a minor issue.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:rclayton)

Hopefully this will be sorted in future versions. It has been a long outstanding request.

Mike

Thanks Mike. It's not a major issue but it seemed an arbitrary selection of functions to have quicker access to than the rest.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:rclayton)

Fullt agree Robert.

Mike

I hope too.

Top Tags