cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Another ODE problem this time functions of t and h

MBuck2
1-Newbie

Another ODE problem this time functions of t and h

Hi Guys,

As you can see I now having another problem with an ODE. I have given some background information to its formulation should it be necessary to fill in the gaps that I have left. I believe the problem is something to do with relating outflow Q with both height of storage and time but this I believed is what the ODE is supposed to solve but maybe my formulation of the problem is incorrect? Can someone pinpoint where I have made the error?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards, Mark

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Q has the wrong units (no time dependence). You have a divide by zero error because A is zero at time zero (are you sure A should be zero at time zero? Isn't it going to be something like S/ycrest?).

I would attach a file with the corrections, but I don't seem to have the facility to do that any more! What's happened to the the add attachments button?

Ok, found it!

See attached

Alan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Q has the wrong units (no time dependence). You have a divide by zero error because A is zero at time zero (are you sure A should be zero at time zero? Isn't it going to be something like S/ycrest?).

I would attach a file with the corrections, but I don't seem to have the facility to do that any more! What's happened to the the add attachments button?

Ok, found it!

See attached

Alan

Alan;

Thanks once again, I did not think of nesting the functions as you have done. This is a great solution - brilliant. Overall this example shows off the power of MathCad. The usual Puls method for level pool routing seems antiquated in comparison.

Kind regards, Mark

Announcements

Top Tags