cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Automated Mathcad Program?

ptc-4809885
1-Newbie

Automated Mathcad Program?

I work for a company that designs antenna base stations. We take measurements and the data gets exported to into a .txt file where the data is tabulated (like an excel file). We have a Mathcad program that inputs the text file, it computes the information, and then it outputs another text file with the data we need. We have a couple thousand of these files that we need to import into Mathcad (right click>Choose File...) , then export to a .txt file (right click>Choose Fille...> [name].txt>save>enable>disable). It isn't a long task, but it is monotonous.

Can I create a script/program in Mathcad that can automate this process?

Is there a function in Mathcad that can detect when a new file has been uploaded to a directory, run the computations, then export the data?

It can rewrite over the imported data, or it can generate a new text file.

The end goal would be: Take measurements>export data into a specific folder> Mathcad is running in the background and is checking the specified folder, sees new data, runs it computation and automatically exports a new .txt file in a specific format.>done.

I have programming experience, but I have not been working with Mathcad for more than a few weeks. Is there another program out there that would handle a process like this better?

Thanks,

Andrew Garza

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags