cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Bachelor Thesis: Find the best parameter combination

ptc-5169391
1-Newbie

Bachelor Thesis: Find the best parameter combination

Hello community !

First of all I must admit that I'm a newbie with MathCad, especially when it's about programming.

I need MathCad for my bachelor thesis and therefore I need some urgent input from you.

The task is the following.

The main issue is to calculate the lifetime period of a product. This lifetime is influenced by various parameters and lots of different formulas.

All in all the parameters can be summarized to 6 varying parameters which cross all formulas.

The final result of the program should show the best combination of these 6 parameters to reach a certain lifetime.

I already talked to some collegues and they assume the result would be a 6x6 matrix ?

I already implemented all needed formulas to MathCad, but now comes the point where I need your help.

How can I tell MathCad to find the best parameters, i.e. what is the logic about the programming?

The searched parameters are within a certain range, which varies from product to product.

I really hope you can help me,

thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Felix

3 REPLIES 3

Upload the workfile that you've got so far - it will help us to see better what you want (go to Use advanced editor at top right, then scroll to bottom of advanced editor to upload workfile)

Alan

I second what Alan said - post your worksheet. please.

From your description it sounds like a solve block with Minerr, minimize or maximize could help. But that depends upon the formulas you have and mainly on what finally "best combination" precisely means.

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Right now I have some troubles with my MathCad license but I will upload the worksheet as soon as it works again.

best regards,

Felix

Top Tags