cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Begginer question

ptc-4585948
1-Newbie

Begginer question

Why doesn't the find function work?Those angles represent the movement of a mechanism when the handle does a 360 degree rotation and I need to calculate those in 36 positions (hence the ten degree difference). Can someone help?(beginner here)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See attached for an alternative numerical-only approach.

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Razvan Bizan wrote:

Why doesn't the find function work?Those angles represent the movement of a mechanism when the handle does a 360 degree rotation and I need to calculate those in 36 positions (hence the ten degree difference). Can someone help?(beginner here)

I'll have to revise solve blocks, haven't used them for a long time, but ... Possibly because it can't an exact solution and isn't too happy with the way you've used a range variable. Change 'find' to 'minerr', solve for variable phi1 and assign to a function, then plot using the range variable.

Stuart

That was helpful but I don't know how that solves my problem.I don't need to plot that value.The values on the right are the values for phi 2 that i am looking for(in radians probably)?and i don't understand how those functions work.I'm in over my head.Thanks alot for your time.

Razvan

See attached for an alternative numerical-only approach.

Alan

Thank you. That's what i was looking for.

Razvan

Top Tags