cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Bode Plot Questions

LF_9782007
4-Participant

Bode Plot Questions

Hi,

I'm new to Mathcad.

I'm referring to Mathcad file made by C.Basso in original link here https://cbasso.pagesperso-orange.fr/Downloads/Divers/Mathcad%20FACTs.zip  and taking one of the example for my study. Basically this Mathcad file will do the Bode plot based on circuit transfer function.

Questions

1. What is the purpose of this ||(x,y) function in this bode plot?
  2. I don’t see any frequency, fk variable defined in this file, but then how this file plotting the bode plot based on the value fk?

Mathcad question.PNG

I attach the exact worksheet for your reference. Please refer to Fig 1-36.xmcd file.

Could anyone explain why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LF_9782007 wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to Mathcad.

I'm referring to Mathcad file made by C.Basso in original link here https://cbasso.pagesperso-orange.fr/Downloads/Divers/Mathcad%20FACTs.zip  and taking one of the example for my study. Basically this Mathcad file will do the Bode plot based on circuit transfer function.

Questions

It calculates the total resistance when two resistors x and y are connected in parallel. The function name are the two parallel lines which can be used using the Ctrl-K "trick".

In the sheet its used in the infix notation, like

Werner_E_1-1610748460365.png

You can insert the infix notation from the "Evaluation" palette:

Werner_E_2-1610748537198.png

1. I don’t see any frequency, fk variable defined in this file, but then how this file plotting the bode plot based on the value fk?

As Fred already wrote, the definition of the frequency vector f is hidden in the collapsed area which you can open with a double click.

Werner_E_3-1610748651692.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you're new to Mathcad you probably missed it; there's a close area in the sheet with information inside it/

Capture.JPG

Open the file and click on the carrot circled above.  That should open (unless the creator locked it) the area up and let you see what you're missing.

Hope this helps!

@LF_9782007 wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to Mathcad.

Questions

It calculates the total resistance when two resistors x and y are connected in parallel. The function name are the two parallel lines which can be used using the Ctrl-K "trick".

In the sheet its used in the infix notation, like

Werner_E_1-1610748460365.png

You can insert the infix notation from the "Evaluation" palette:

Werner_E_2-1610748537198.png

1. I don’t see any frequency, fk variable defined in this file, but then how this file plotting the bode plot based on the value fk?

As Fred already wrote, the definition of the frequency vector f is hidden in the collapsed area which you can open with a double click.

Werner_E_3-1610748651692.png

LF_9782007
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

This is answer that I looking for. Now I'm clear about that. Thanks! 

Top Tags