cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Clipboard Copy & Paste

MJ-StrEng
7-Bedrock

Clipboard Copy & Paste

Is it possible to copy part of one worksheet to clipboard and paste it in another worksheet?

Seems to me it is not possible to do it like it's done for example in AutoCAD.

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:MJ-StrEng)

@MJ-StrEng wrote:

Is it possible to copy part of one worksheet to clipboard and paste it in another worksheet?

Seems to me it is not possible

Why do you thinks so?

Copy and Paste in Prime has many flaws but fencing a couple of regions and copy and paste them to another worksheet should work OK, as long as you copy to the same version of Prime.

It does not work if you open two different versions of Prime and try to copy more than one region from the higher to the lower version - here you are forced to do it one region at a time which is quite boring.

And there is another difference to other software, once you copied a couple of regions, you can not close the Prime sheet which contained those regions! It must stay open in Prime to be able to copy them to another sheet. So its seems that the clipboard is not used to store the actual data.

What did you try and how did it fail?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the copy & paste to another worksheet works but the original worksheet has to stay open when pasting to new worksheet.

I think your statement is correct that the clipboard is not used to store copied data.

Hi,

Yes. select the region or even multiple regions.  

You can even select parts of equations

Use the shortcuts ctrl-C or ctrl-V.

You can also use the ribbon Math | Clipboard | Copy or Paste

Capture.JPG

Thanks for your response, but as mentioned by Werner_E the key is that the the original worksheet has to stay open when pasting to the new worksheet.

Announcements

Top Tags