cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Conversion of old mcd files to Math cad Prime 6.0

JS_11615806
1-Newbie

Conversion of old mcd files to Math cad Prime 6.0

As per the original post

Hi: I have some old mathcad .mcd files. can you help me opening them and convert to mathcad 10. I am using a trial license only?

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:JS_11615806)

Hmmm, your topic says "Mathcad Prime 6.0" but in your text you write Mathcad 10 ????

Even if you are using a trial license you can convert the files yourself during the trial period of 30 days. But you have to explicitly check the option to install the converter when you install Prime. If you forgot to do so, you can simply run the installer again.

After the trial period Prime falls back to a crippled version called Prime Express. It can read all Prime files but will refuse to use "premium" features. Converting legacy is such a feature. Its also very likely that because of this the converted files won't run OK in Prime express if the use features like programming or symbolics which are not supported by Prime Express.

Anyway, if you are not able to convert the files yourself, you may post them here and maybe someone will be willing and able to do the conversion for you. You sure will have to clearly state for which version of Prime you need the files converted to as Prime 6 would not be able to read a Prime 10 file.

Thanks, Werner.

I believe the original files are MathCad 8 but it has been a long while.

I see the option to install the converter and will try it.  I downloaded the 10.0.0.0 prime for the 30 days trial.

Again, thanks.  Will let you know how this plays out.

Joseph

You can attach all files in one archive for conversion.

Announcements

Top Tags