cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Convert Mathcad 15 to Prime

ZZ_10687107
7-Bedrock

Convert Mathcad 15 to Prime

Hello, I am new to mathcad and I have a problem converting code in mathcad 15 to mathcad prime. Is this if conditioning correct? I need some advice, thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the nested if-conditions look the same in both pictures.

In Mathcad an if condition with just one statement was displayed in one line with the statement to the left of the condition, but Prime puts the statement indented in the next line. So just the look is different,

Why are you retyping the program in Prime? If you have access to the MC15 file, you could use the built-in converter.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yes, the nested if-conditions look the same in both pictures.

In Mathcad an if condition with just one statement was displayed in one line with the statement to the left of the condition, but Prime puts the statement indented in the next line. So just the look is different,

Why are you retyping the program in Prime? If you have access to the MC15 file, you could use the built-in converter.

I have tried the built-in converter but it always says error, that's why I had to retype more than 100 pages. Is there any limitation for the built-in converter? Thank you btw for the answer.

Was there any specific, meaningful error message?

If you are able and allowed to share the MC15 file you may post it here so someone can give it a try.

I am not aware of any limitations concerning the size of the files, but it is known that the converter fails if the file name contains certain characters (like a hashtag #) and it will also fail if the MC15 file contains a password protected area which the converter can't open.

It only say: Unexpected error encountered during conversion. I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to share the file, but thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately the converters error messages never are really helpful and the log files aren't either.

Given that you posted a screen photo showing the MC15 file displayed I assume that you still have access to a working installation of Mathcad 15.

So if neither a collapsed protected region. nor a "bad" character in the file name is the cause for the error you could edit the MC15 file, deleting regions beginning from the end of the file and try to convert the shortened file. You could continue deleting regions until the converter succeeds and so can find the offending position. Now you either could find a workaround (maybe deleting just one "bad" region and retyping it later in Prime) or at least you have saved yourself the trouble of typing the first part of the file...

You may also consider contacting PTC support by opening a case. They might be able to offer you a way which would allow you to send them the sensible file which you can't attach in a public forum.

Thank you, I'll give it a try 👍

Announcements

Top Tags