cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Default Magnification

tfinksgd
1-Newbie

Default Magnification

Is there a way to have Mathcad use 150% magnification when starting Mathcad, opening a file, or starting a new file?
7 REPLIES 7
SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:tfinksgd)

On 9/3/2009 3:27:19 PM, tfinks wrote:
>Is there a way to have Mathcad
>use 150% magnification when
>starting Mathcad, opening a
>file, or starting a new file?

Or even bettet 142% - I have never found anyway to do it so I don't know if it is possible.

Steen Gro�e

You are saying that possibly Windows not not save your settings.
What about a "template".

jmG

As far as I have been able to discover, Mathcad always opens a worksheet at 100%. I have used a template as an attempt to circumvent this, but to no avail. I was hoping there might be an .ini file, or the functional equivalent, where I might at least be able to specify the default magnification.

On 9/4/2009 1:52:05 PM, tfinks wrote:
>As far as I have been able to
>discover, Mathcad always opens
>a worksheet at 100%. I have
>used a template as an attempt
>to circumvent this, but to no
>avail. I was hoping there
>might be an .ini file, or the
>functional equivalent, where I
>might at least be able to
>specify the default
>magnification.

If you find no other better solution you can use Autohotkey or other keyboard macros program to start Mathcad and set whatever settings from the menu you want.

I use Autohotkey 'cause MC doesn't manages well my keyboard (spanish) and to make easier to apply formatting and custom operators.

Saludos,

Al

Good idea. I'll have to get special, specific, and limited-time dispensation from the Almighty to get IT to agree however.

Not to my knowledge. Even trying to do it as a saved template does not work.

On a MathCad worksheet, the Preview panel offers a look-see with Zoom available in service, but each time I punch it, the screen conks out and the desltop returns to its start-up state.
Announcements

Top Tags