cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Divide by zero error in tend

SelimVrl
4-Participant

Divide by zero error in tend

Hi everyone,

In my reactor design with Mathcad, I am getting an  error in "tend" part of the design which says "divide by zero" when I click on "tend" and therefore I am not able to see the changes in temperature and conversions with the changes in volume. Although I checked several times to see whether there is any zero value in the denominators or not, I couldn't find any. I would be super happy if you can help me with it. You can find the file and the photos attached in the mail.

Thank you for taking your time.

Selim

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have a divide by zero error here:

g0.jpg

You set T(0) = 0 in your solve block.  I suspect you should be using absolute temperature, so T(0) = non-zero value.

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You have a divide by zero error here:

g0.jpg

You set T(0) = 0 in your solve block.  I suspect you should be using absolute temperature, so T(0) = non-zero value.

Alan

SelimVrl
4-Participant
(To:AlanStevens)

Hi,

I got the results I am looking for after changing T(0)=0. 

Thank you so much Alan 🙂

Best regards,

Selim

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:SelimVrl)

Hi,

By keeping X2 = 1 and T = const, as X1 varies between -1 and 1, the function R2 has discontinuities:

answer to SelimVrl.jpg

answer to SelimVrl 1.jpg

SelimVrl
4-Participant
(To:-MFra-)

Hi,

Thank you for such a detailed analysis it seems at some point we are getting errors due to the discontinuities in R2 and since X1 goes to -1. Maybe finding areas that works for solution can be a better approach. In anyway thanks a lot for taking your time on my problem, I really appreciate it 🙂

Best Regars,

Selim

Announcements

Top Tags