cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Dynamic Table of Content Ideas

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Dynamic Table of Content Ideas

I have started this thread as a collab has asked a question regarding dynamic table of contents in an old thread.

Attached is a worksheet I have saved - Alternative Ideas welcome.

5 REPLIES 5

Please see the attached file.

I just copy some codes from "Jump to region" button to TOC listbox's Sub ListBox_DblClick()

Thanks

Further to a TOC, can the location (page number) of a hyperlinked tag be automatically determined as it can be in Word.

No. You can get the X and Y coordinates of the top left corner of the region, but that's all.

If you make every page break an inserted page break then it would be possible. Those are also regions, so you could get the Y coordinates of al of them, and calculate which page other regions are on.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

No. You can get the X and Y coordinates of the top left corner of the region, but that's all.

If you make every page break an inserted page break then it would be possible. Those are also regions, so you could get the Y coordinates of al of them, and calculate which page other regions are on.

That would take a bit of remedial work but could be worth the effort in the long run.

Cheers

Top Tags