cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Enable Macros in Embedded Excel MathCAD Prime 8

CW_10674298
2-Guest

Enable Macros in Embedded Excel MathCAD Prime 8

Hi, I have converted a calculation sheet from MathCAD 15 to MathCAD Prime 8. However, the macros embedded excel file is not working. I was prompted the message "macros is disabled". I have chosen the enables macros function in excel, but it is not working. I have to save the excel file separately to update the calculation but this will not reflect in the MathCAD, 

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Perez
12-Amethyst
(To:CW_10674298)

The issue you're encountering with macros being disabled in the embedded Excel file after migrating from MathCAD 15 to MathCAD Prime 8 is likely due to the enhanced security features and changes in how MathCAD Prime handles embedded content, especially regarding macro-enabled Excel files.

Please confirm if you have done the following step correctly:

Check Excel Security Settings
Ensure that your Excel security settings allow macros to run. You can do this by:

1. Close all open MathCAD worksheets.
  2. Opening Excel (outside of MathCAD).
  3. Going to the File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macro Settings.
  4. Selecting "Enable all macros" and checking "Trust access to the VBA project object model."

It takes a year to receive a response, and unfortunately, the solution provided is not helpful.

What version of Excel are you using?

Top Tags