cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Evaluate the coresponding values from different vectors

SFares
12-Amethyst

Evaluate the coresponding values from different vectors

Hello,

i have 3 questions in the attached sheet. please scroll down to the three big red arrows for the questions. it is about taking the "i" value from each vector and use it in evaluating the values. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:SFares)

See remarks in attachment.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

See remarks in attachment.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Since I changed the range variable to a vector you not longer need the index i, as Werner pointed out.

The parentheses is more confusing and so is the italic maths. Maybe me being fussy, but I find it hard to read and follow.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Since I changed the range variable to a vector you not longer need the index i, as Werner pointed out.

Not exactly. My remark about omitting the index was meant for the one variable which is a scalar. But of course it would be also possible to omit all indices (also on the LHS) but then I would suggest to vectorize the RHS - just to be on the safe side (its not absolutely necessary for this specific calculation as far as I remember).

The parentheses is more confusing and so is the italic maths. Maybe me being fussy, but I find it hard to read and follow.

I tend to second that, yes. Also I found the 8pt font in the last sheet hard to read for my old eyes. I noticed that you had set it to 10pt, too 😉

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

I tend to second that, yes. Also I found the 8pt font in the last sheet hard to read for my old eyes. I noticed that you had set it to 10pt, too 😉

My eyes are not that old, just not very good

Top Tags