cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Excel cells resize upon re-opening document and do not display correctly

StuartF
2-Guest

Excel cells resize upon re-opening document and do not display correctly

Hello all,

TLDR; excel cells in my worksheet resize themselves every time the documents is closed and opened. How to fix?

------------

I'm having a problem with some excel components I am trying to use in a worksheet I have setup.

The general idea is I have set this up as a template where the input values can be easily updated, and then the user can quickly see if the desired values pass or fail.

I wanted a quickly visibly colour check (red = fail, green = pass). To do this I passed the values into an excel component and used conditional formatting to change the colour of the cells depending on the value (ie if the check value that was passed in = "Pass" then the cells would be highlighted green, if it was = "Fail" then the cells would be highlight red). This works perfectly, and there's no built in functionality to change the colour of a math region based on the value of a result as far as I'm aware so this is my only option for doing this.

However, my problem arises whenever the document is closed and the reopened. All my excel cells are resized to about half the height they should be. Obviously it is not efficient to have to resize these cells every time the document is opened.

Attached is screenshot displaying the problem. Three excel components are shown. Numbers 1 & 3 are how every cell displays upon opening the worksheet. Number 2 has been resized to what it should be. Strangely enough, once you begin to resize the cells, this is the smallest height you can make them and they cannot be made any thinner. This occurs every time the document is closed and reopened.

Perhaps excel components are not meant to be used in this way, but does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this, or a quick fix that will auto-resize all cells how they should be?

I have attached a worksheet that shows the problem as well.

I am running Mathcad Prime 7.0.0.0 for reference.

Any help much appreciated!

Stuart

2 REPLIES 2
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:StuartF)

I...

1. Downloaded your file and opened it with Mathcad Prime 8
  2. Saw the tiny cell heights for the Excel Component
  3. Increased the cell heights in Mathcad and also by clicking into the Excel Component (as well as making the font size bigger and the cell heights/widths bigger in the Excel Component itself by double-clicking into it)
  4. Saved
  5. Closed Mathcad Prime 8
  6. Restarted my computer
  7. Opened the saved file in Prime 8 and saw that nothing reverted (and screen-recorded this)

When you say you resize the cells, is that only in Mathcad by dragging them, or are you also resizing them in the Excel Component by double-clicking into it?
Other than that, not sure why it doesn't resize for me but does for you.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

Hi DJ,

Many thanks for your reply.

Perhaps this only occurs in Prime 7, I'm trying to get our company to upgrade from 7 to 8 so hopefully I can find out soon if the upgrade fixes this issue.

Perhaps someone still running Prime 7 could have a go?

Kind regards,

Stuart

Top Tags