cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Fill any shape area using CreateMesh() ?

JXBWk
13-Aquamarine

Fill any shape area using CreateMesh() ?

To all,

I am looking at using the CreateMesh() if not using a “constant" X & y range. I had a look at the “amazing image in mcad” e-book but for some reason none of the hyperlinks are working – just images!
Is there a way of plotting a function f(x,y) for a non-constant range of  x&y values i.e. not a rectangle. In other words filled the area enclosed by user defined points? See attached for example
Is it possible to fill the area enclosed by the I-shape with function S1

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
AlanStevens
17-Peridot
(To:JXBWk)

Here's the best I could do.  I'm sure someone will be able to produce something better.

g0.jpg

Alan

JXBWk
13-Aquamarine
(To:AlanStevens)

Thanks.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:JXBWk)

As long as you can provide a parametric representation of the area of interest, you can misuse a contourplot to show the shape filled or hatched.

Werner_E_1-1607011107732.png

But I guess there are better methods for filling a shape in 2D with an arbitrary pattern to be found in Prof. Birkelands "Amazing Images" which you mentioned. I am not sure what kind of problem you have using this ebook. The six images you see when you start the ebook are no hyperlinks. You have to click the small link "Table of Contents" at the lower left.

Werner_E_1-1607010153143.png

Werner_E_2-1607010182007.png

If this does not work, the ebook probably is not installed correctly.

Mathcad15 sheet attached

JXBWk
13-Aquamarine
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks. the parametric stuff is very good indeed. I'll have a look in detail

Managed to access the e-book - There are some very interesting functions there

I might lift the one to create a rectangle instead of using data points

Top Tags