cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Find Solver Block

EricHong
1-Newbie

Find Solver Block

Mathcad_Error.bmp

I can't share my file as it contains some proprietary stuff.

My solver block using Find command worked to some extent because I can plot the result. However, you can also see that I can't generate a list. It says "No solution was found....". I can see that Mathcad didn't find solutions at some points near zero on the plot, but it did for the rest outside that region. I want the solved portions as it seems the unsolved portion causes this error. Can I somehow tell Mathcad to skip if there is no solution found and produce only the successful ones?

Please, help.

Thanks,

Eric

6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:EricHong)

You could post a worksheet. Might get more interest.

Mike

I wish I could.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Well, why don't you create an example of theoretical data?

You don't have to use the exact data or calculation, just extract the section you are struggling with and post that. There's not much to work with in your original post and that might explain the lack of intrest.

Mike

You could easily use a program to build a matrix of solutions using an "on error" statement to trap the non-solutions, assigning them to NaNs or excluding them from the matrix. Look up on error in help.

Aaron

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Write a small program, and use the "on error" statement to trap the cases where it fails. What you do when it fails is up to you, but I would recommend you make it return NaN. That means you can use the IsNaN() function if you want to do subsequent calculations on the results.

Thank you all

Top Tags