cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Formatting question for Mathcad Prime

ptc-4865308
1-Newbie

Formatting question for Mathcad Prime

Hi.

I am using Mathcad Prime to do Worst case calculations for work. Some of my equations are starting to get large, and take up more than a page width. I have tried what I could to change the font size for the math, but it seems to be fixed at a rather large font size. how do I change it?

Additionally, I have some X-Y plots, I tried changing the color of the plots, highlighting the equation, chooseing a color, and it briefly changes to that, once I click on another equation in the same plot, the line goes gray and once clicked out of the plot, all change to gray. I can only see the color if I click on the equation in the plot itself

I hope someone out there has some ideas

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

What version of Prime are you using? The graph problem you mention existed in Prime 1, but I've not noticed it in Prime 2.

You can't do much about the font size, but you could try changing the grid size from standard to fine (in the Document tab).

Alan

Hi.

I am using Prime 1.0, so if it is a know problem, perhaps I should start doing this in Mathcad 15 instead, although the work had been started in Prime, it seems silly to continue, if prime is not ready for primetime yet

I am using Mathcad Prime to do Worst case calculations for work.

As you use Prime, you already know what the worst case is 😉 Sorry, couldn't resist.

In fact Prime is still a highly unfinished work in progress and while providing some improvements over older versions it lacks a lot of important features the older versions have, so I won't recommend using Prime. But maybe you have no choice.

The issue with large expressions and the lack of formatting options is a very old one and is the same in older versions of MC, too. In older versions you would have been able to decrease th font size of the mathematical expressions, but it would have affected all expressions in the sheet, which usually was not considered a suitable option. If its an expression you type in yourself and if its a sum, you could force line breaks in Mathcad versions before Prime - very limited, but sometimes an option. If its the result of (symbolic) calculation it was suggested (I think it was Valery) to make a screenshot of the expression and insert it as a grafics. So you would be able to shrink. Not really satisfactory but the best you can get at the moment, I think.

Concerning your problem with the plots getting gray its hard to say without a worksheet. The graphs getting gray usually mean that Prime is still thinking (if the yellow disc at the lower right of any expression is showing) or that a calculation threw an error and MC would show the last graph calculated in grey. In playing around with Prime I never had the problem of not being able to change the color, but sometimes I was running in the problem of not being able to set line thickness and style. The reason was that MC has some limitiations concerning the number of points in total in a graph. If they exceed (I think it was 5000) you would not be allowed to change linestyle and thickness. I think there is even a total limit of 50000, too. Thats really crazy.

Thanks, Werner.

I am getting the idea that Prime is not the one to be using. I will start using mathcad 15 instead for the analysis. You would think these formatting issues with font size would have been dealt with a long time ago. I figured they could be changed, but that I was just beeing a goof for not being able to.

the plots, as per the above post is a known problem, so i will just abandon this mathcad prime venture. At least I have some good ammunition for when they ask us to upgrade to prime 2.0 or higher

Kasper

Top Tags