cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Formatting the Results of a Solved Equation

ptc-4565539
1-Newbie

Formatting the Results of a Solved Equation

I have a question about formatting the results of an equation. Is it possible to either simplify or straight out hide the intermediate step that is shown in the attachment. I really am only interested in the final decimal answer.

Ryan

5 REPLIES 5

Try using ctr> instead of "solve" . The ctr> will evaluate .

I hope this helps.

Norm

I do so in this case:

HideRoots.png

Thanks for the suggestions.

Norm, I need to actually solve for DBT and get a value so evaluating doesn't work for me here.

Valery, your suggestion technically works but the values outside of the collapsed area are no longer "live" and must be updated accordingly if the original equation were to ever change, correct? It is a better solution than nothing but I had thought MathCad would have a good way of just hiding that expanded solution.

Ryan

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:ptc-4565539)

It sems that you just need to use the modifier "float" with the symbolic solve:

30.11_2.png

You probably won't need the last numeric evaluation anyway.

With Valery's approach you could assign the equation to a variable for easier editing and automatic display.

If you mind the error message from the numeric processor 'cause x is not defined, you could use "Equ1(x)" instead of "Equ1".

30.11_1.png

Werner,

I had tried the float modifier earlier but was not getting the syntax correct. I just tried it again and got it right so I believe that is the best way to do it although my particular equation still barely fits on the page.

I find it strange that MathCad gives you the ability to "Hide left-hand side" but not hide the unsimplified solution.

Thanks,

Ryan

Announcements

Top Tags