cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Function with symbolic evaluation required plot

riv
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Function with symbolic evaluation required plot

Hello,

I was wondering how can I plot a multi-variable function that needs to be symbolically evaluated.

Sincerely,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:riv)

There were some promising attempts here in this forum to use symbolical functions numerically. But I guess none of the methods used will work in Prime as they all require a symbolic evaluation to be copied inside a program block which is not allowed in Prime.

But Delta(x) is (not a function but a distribution) which is defined to be zero for all x != 0 and the integral over Delta(x) from minus to pus infinity is 1.

The values of omega you use are all unequal to zero, so the easiest approach would be to replace Delta(omega) simply by 0 in your definition of F.

BTW, better post your worksheet, not just a picture. You may have to zip it before you are able to attach it here.

Bild1.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:riv)

There were some promising attempts here in this forum to use symbolical functions numerically. But I guess none of the methods used will work in Prime as they all require a symbolic evaluation to be copied inside a program block which is not allowed in Prime.

But Delta(x) is (not a function but a distribution) which is defined to be zero for all x != 0 and the integral over Delta(x) from minus to pus infinity is 1.

The values of omega you use are all unequal to zero, so the easiest approach would be to replace Delta(omega) simply by 0 in your definition of F.

BTW, better post your worksheet, not just a picture. You may have to zip it before you are able to attach it here.

Bild1.png

Top Tags