cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hexadecimal and Binary in Mathcad Prime 1.0

JALP
1-Newbie

Hexadecimal and Binary in Mathcad Prime 1.0

Are Hex and Binary formats available in Mathcad Prime 1.0? If yes, how to use?

8 REPLIES 8
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:JALP)

I don't think they are included in Prime 1.0.

Mike

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby III
(To:JALP)

Philippe Blanchard wrote:

Are Hex and Binary formats available in Mathcad Prime 1.0? If yes, how to use?

No!

If no, I can show how to do

One function on the Mathcad Server for the number formats converting:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/MCS/Worksheets/base2base.xmcd

CF.png

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby III
(To:JALP)

I always tell my students on my lectures on computer science, it would be better if we have on hands not 10 (decimal) but 8 (octal) or 16 (hexadecimal) fingers

Valery Ochkov wrote:

...if we have on hands not 10 (decimal) but 8 (octal) or 16 (hexadecimal) fingers

For what?

VladimirN. wrote:

Valery Ochkov wrote:

...if we have on hands not 10 (decimal) but 8 (octal) or 16 (hexadecimal) fingers

For what?

In this cace now our calculation system was not decimal but octal) or hexadecimal and we have not any problems with numerical IT

No, we should all sexdactyl ... base 12 is better for general everyday use than base 10.

VladimirN
24-Ruby I
(To:JALP)

Please see the attachment (include worksheets for Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime 1.0).

Pic.jpg

And what about not integer, real numbers - 123.567E-7 for example. Built-in tools of Mathcad 13 can convert its in binar etc format.

Announcements