cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How do I update?

RickCAZ
1-Newbie

How do I update?

Just moved Mathcad 14.0 M020 to a new machine. After running license utility and launching Mathcad it brought up a link to update. The link seemed to go nowhere. I went to the PTC website and searched for any updates to M020 and couldn't find any. Is M020 the end of the line before V15?

9 REPLIES 9
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RickCAZ)

Download and install the service release for 14.0 M020 if you are a single user or 14.0 M030 (NOT M035 which has a very bad bug!) if you are an Enterprise user.

Mike

Thanks Mike. The reason I asked was I couldn't seem to get access to the download site. What am I doing wrong?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Have you tried the page below?

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm

Mike

Thank you Mike. I had found that page. The M020 download looks like a complete M020 download, and not a service release. Am I misreading this?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Yes, It is a complete download. It is the only way the service releases are available.

Are the updates valid for Educational License of MCAD 14 ? Before upgrading my daughter's laptop which is running an education edition of MCAD 14 to M020 from the download site, I thought I'd post and see if this is a bad idea. The print preview bug is the one my daughter would like to have the fix for. The college class she is taking is using MCAD 14 as that is the version bundled with one of the course textbooks.

Best, Mark

Later... Oops, jumped the gun here. I don't seem to be able to setup a valid userid to download an update given only an educational license!

Message was edited by: Mark Smith 1825ET

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4557361)

Before upgrading my daughter's laptop which is running an education edition of MCAD 14 to M020 from the download site, I thought I'd post and see if this is a bad idea. The print preview bug is the one my daughter would like to have the fix for. The college class she is taking is using MCAD 14 as that is the version bundled with one of the course textbooks.

Best, Mark

Have a look at the attached link. It seems to state that MCAD M020 is the latest release.

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm

Does M020 not fix the print preview bug?

Mike

Mike,

M020 may very well fix the bug. In my PS after the original posting I wasn't able to enter information from her Education (Student?) license bundled with a textbook to download the M020 update. I just let her know to see if the instructor has a way to access this update for her students.

All of the other math and many science courses use Mathematica as the WYSIWYG math tool so I am reluctant to purchase a student license for MCAD Prime for her, since all of the examples and work for this one course are in MCAD 14. She really doesn't want a project requiring special long-distance support from her Dad!

Best, Mark

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4557361)

All of the other math and many science courses use Mathematica as the WYSIWYG math tool so I am reluctant to purchase a student license for MCAD Prime for her, since all of the examples and work for this one course are in MCAD 14. She really doesn't want a project requiring special long-distance support from her Dad!

If you upgraded to Prime 2.0 you would also receive a free copy of M15.

Mike

Top Tags