cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to arrange items on the page

chapellane
4-Participant

How to arrange items on the page

Hello,

When I try to move equations on the page to make page breaks come in convenient positions, everything goes haywire in Prime 5.  If I select a group of equations and (say) try to align the first one with the top of a page, sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't go where I drop it, but almost invariably some of the unselected equations on the page also move.  It makes it impossible to get everything simultaneously in a nice position.

What's going on and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

Neil

3 REPLIES 3

Haven't yet expierenced that non-selected regions would move when I move around some selected one.

But I still use Mathcad (15) and only fire up Prime for playing around, mostly if there is a question in the forum dealing with Prime.

Prime does not offer convenient ways to arrange or allign regions and thats just one of its many drawbacks.

Have you already tried to move the regions with the cursor keys instead of using the mouse to do that? Sometimes I am allowed to move regions that way to places where I would not be allowed to do it with the mouse.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:chapellane)

1. Try to learn to live with it.

(Especially with the fact that you have to pick a selected item next to it in order to move it.)

2. Don't try to fit too much on a page.

(Note that Prime will only drop items on grid-points.)

3. Insert a pagebreak where you want it.

(Use 'Insert Page Break' from the 'Document' tab of the ribbon.)

Success!.

Luc

@LucMeekes wrote:

1. Try to learn to live with it.

A piece of advice that Prime users should already be used to

2. Don't try to fit too much on a page.

Good advice but PTC doesn't make it easy to follow. Its wasting a lot of space when you are using solve blocks or plots.

People often change the small grid and small margins as their default and also change the math font size to something very small (additional benefit: the font now matches the tiny font used in plots).

3. Insert a pagebreak where you want it.

(Use 'Insert Page Break' from the 'Document' tab of the ribbon.

You may also use the shortcut Ctrl-Enter as in most word processors. But be careful - the right click option "Remove Space" may consider a hard page break as whitespace and delete it.

I am still confused and irritated as @chapellane reported that non selected regions would also move along.

We heard in the past of plots and especially inserted graphics being disarranged after saving and later reloading a worksheet in Prime but as far as I can remember nobody so far reported that operations on regions would erroneously be applied to non-selected regions, too.

Top Tags