cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to get and use Mathcad Prime 3.1 API ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

How to get and use Mathcad Prime 3.1 API ?

Hi..

I have installed Mathcad Prime 3.1 and as PTC announced in his promo that Mathcad Prime 3.1 comes with API.

But I am not able to get how use it. As I search for user guide but unable to get it.

So please can you help me to get userguide or let me know how to use Mathcad Prime 3.1 API ?

Thanks,

Prashant

9 REPLIES 9

See this thread: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/NEW-API-for-Mathcad-Prime-3-1/td-p/12388. That will answer your question, although I think you will not like the answer.

Hi..

Thanks Richard,

As I am new in customization field, So I want to know that is SDK necessary to use API for Mathcad Prime 3.1 and Creo parametric.?

Is there any userguide / document to use API directly without SDK. I am able to load Ptc.MathcadPrime.Automation.dll in Visual Studio which shows some API but I am not able to get that how to use it.

So please can you help.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant Pandarkar

In principle, you can use the API without buying the SDK. You are completely on your own when doing so though, because the only way to get any documentation is to buy the (extremely expensive) SDK.

Can I get 30 days trial API & SDK package ? As we will not able to buy SDK till ensure its functionality.

So is there any way to get its trial pack.

Also I want to know the price of API and SDK package.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

athurin
4-Participant
(To:ppandarkar-2)

From what I understand, there are 2 issues here :

• The API. This will work if you have a full license (or a 30 days trial version) of Mathcad Prime 3.1. Not sure whether it works with Express
  • The SDK. This is just documentation and examples, therefore, I assume, text files. Therefore, if PTC provides them to you, there is no way they can disable them after a while. And therefore, I doubt that there is a trial version for this. It is sold for $9000.

Consequently, if you want to test the API without buying the SDK, you just have to try on you own, with no help from PTC. Tough s***t!

Note : Not 100% sure about all that, but I would happily bet on it...

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone
(To:athurin)

I have full version of Mathcad Prime 3.1,

As in SDK there is just documentation and examples, So I think PTC should provide some amount of document to encourage customer to use there product.

Is anybody triad PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 API without SDK ? if triad then please can you share how to use it.

Thanks.

Prashant Pandarkar

So I think PTC should provide some amount of document to encourage customer to use there product.

I agree. However, PTC doesn't.

Is anybody triad PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 API without SDK ? if triad then please can you share how to use it.

It has only just been released, so I doubt there are any examples available. PTC says it's very similar to the Mathcad 15 API, which does have limited documentation, and there are examples kicking around in the forums. If you have a license for Prime then that will also activate MC15, so one approach would be to install MC15, and develop something with that. That doesn't have to be the full project, but enough that you have the MC15 API figured out. Then see if you can transfer that knowledge to the Prime API.

Hi Richard,

As SDK is to extemely expensive and no one know its use.

So how can anybody purchase API+SDK and if automation / Customization is not possible in Mathcad Prime then customer will choose some another software as if they need customization.

So PTC has to think on this and should provide some amount of document to understand importance of SDK package.

Without used it no one can buy this.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

athurin
4-Participant
(To:ppandarkar-2)

Thank you for pointing out something that is absolutely obvious to everyone except PTC.

Someone mentioned that Maple has an API (which I haven't tried), with a free SDK. It would be much, much cheaper to buy Maple with free SDK rather than Mathcad + SDK (or even than the SDK alone, for that matters...).

Top Tags