cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to write functions to read matlab 'mat' files in Mathcad 11,14,15

FrédéricL
1-Newbie

How to write functions to read matlab 'mat' files in Mathcad 11,14,15

Does anyone have examples of mathcad worksheets in which functions are implemented to read 'Matlab' mat files ? I'm not yet so familiar with VBScript and it would be easier to start from examples... I didn't manage to find adequate information in the forum or Mathcad resource center.Thanks !

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:FrédéricL)

I don't have Matlab, but if you select Insert and choose component there is an option to choose a Matlab component. You could give this a try.

Mike

Thanks. I've tried that but the basic Matlab component does not include the appropriate code to do the job. I guess some VBScript code has to be inserted and I don't know how to do that

You must save the original .mat file with the -V4 option when in matlab.

Mathcad only reads the old -V4 option files.

Yes, they should get a new file reader for the new HFDS format files, but they haven't.....

Philip

Frédéric LANTERI wrote:

Does anyone have examples of mathcad worksheets in which functions are implemented to read 'Matlab' mat files ? I'm not yet so familiar with VBScript and it would be easier to start from examples... I didn't manage to find adequate information in the forum or Mathcad resource center.Thanks !

If you have Matlab, then it's fairly straightforward to write a Matlab component. If not, then as Philip says, you are limited to Matlab 4 unless you want to write your own reader - it can be either within a component or in Mathcad.

Stuart

Top Tags