cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Invoking Mathcad Prime 2.0 from console

ptc-4834767
1-Newbie

Invoking Mathcad Prime 2.0 from console

I need to invoke Mathcad from console passing parameters. How can I do this? I'm using 2.0 prime Version

My Use case is:

Form Windows 7 console:

> mathcad prog1.xmcd file1.txt file2.csv

I need this to automate the execution of a MathCad worksheet using Shell Script.

My question is : how to read the parameters in MathCad worksheet ?

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4834767)

You can't do this in Prime 2.0. You could do it in Mathcad 15, although not exactly the way you show.

Maybe it will be possible in Prime 3.0, but I'm not sure about that.

We are putting together funcitonality for Mathcad integraiton within other precesses, so I would like to know more about your use case. What are you trying to do?

Thanks,

--Jakov

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:jkucan)

Jakov, We are running a program called Orcaflex (www.orcina.com). It is a FEA modeler for mooring systems, ocean cable installation, etc. There is a fair amount of pre and post proccessing that is done. Some values need to be calculated during the running of the program. Orcaflex has the capability to export values to Python, MatLab, C++ during the analysis. This is done to provide more details or calculate forces and motions that are not done by Orcaflex. With right tools we could possibly us MathCAD to provide the same support. Looking forward to Prome 3.0.

Dear Jakov,

I know I can integrate Mathcad with other processes using Visual Basic but I have no skill with this technology. I prefer to use JavaScript, Java, Web Services, Ruby, or PowerShell Scripts. So I requested support to integrate an application written in Mathcad with external services via an interface with files using PowerShell as a means of transferring information. My use case is as follows:

1. an external system acquires data from instruments and update an Oracle Database

2. a shell script runs every day at 23 hours, in the night, and calls a program written in MathCad that performs a mathematical model using the Oracle Data and generating a spreadsheet output.

3. another shell script runs every day at 7 o'clock in the morning, and uploads the spreadsheetdata to a Web Service using HTTP.

Obviously this can be simplified using web service (RESTful) directly from MathCad, but for that I need to use JavaScript because I don't know how to work with this in Visual Basic. Is this possible with IE ou Chrome component insire MathCad ?

Top Tags