cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is it mandatory to use prime 10

YA_10963798
12-Amethyst

Is it mandatory to use prime 10

Is Mathcad prime 9000 still working? Is it mandatory to use prime 10? 

Why I'm having this message ?

YA_10963798_0-1726674010782.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:YA_10963798)

It's not mandatory to use Prime 10.

It means that your license (if you had one) for Prime 9 has expired. Note that licensing is on subscription base. You have to pay a yearly fee in order to get your license period extended.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

It's not mandatory to use Prime 10.

It means that your license (if you had one) for Prime 9 has expired. Note that licensing is on subscription base. You have to pay a yearly fee in order to get your license period extended.

Success!
Luc

Thank you for your response

I checked my license yesterday and it is not expired . I have unitl Jun 2025, do you think there is any other reason for that ?

YA_10963798_0-1726813349533.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Your license is tied to the MAC address of your internet connection. That is either wired (LAN, your ethernet adapter) or wireless ( Wi-Fi ). You may have switched connection mode.

Success!

Luc

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

Click the "M" in the upper left corner, go to "Options" and then the "License" tab.

Her you can see the informations about your License Status and also the Host-ID.

This Host-ID is the MAC address of the network interface card (NIC) which Prime decides to be the "Primary" one (not sure which algorithm is used to decide the primary).

It should be the same adapter which was "Primary" at installation time when you got the license file bound to this very MAC address.

Problems can arise when you had a wireless NIC turned off when you installed Prime and now it turned on. Same problem can arise the other way round, when you now have a NIC turned off which was on at installation time.

As far as I am aware the PTC support can provide a solution for these situations.

That was so helpful thank you. I will fix it . 

Announcements

Top Tags