cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Issue with formatting in Mathcad

ptc-1739038
5-Regular Member

Issue with formatting in Mathcad

I have a problem with formating. If I write a handout, documentation, article etc., I have to write formulas. If there are varibles in this formulas which haven't been used before, they get marked with a red box. Doesn't look very pretty. Is there a way to turn this off ....

Thx

4 REPLIES 4

1) This question is not related to this thread (other than that it concerns Prime) so it would have been a better idea to start a new discussion

2) Mathcad is not an equation editor like Mathtype, its supposed to yield results. It can't do that if you use variables you haven't defined (unless you use symbolic evaluation). So the errormessage you get is valid and I see no need to turn it off (and in fact you can't anyway).

3) To insert formulas just for reference purposes you can use the boolean equal sign. Guess this solves your problem. If not or if I misinterpreted your question, open a new thread and attach a worksheet to show what you are trying to do.

As Werner Exinger correctly pointed out, this quesiton was originally posted to the end of an unrelated discussion. As a result, I've branched this into a new discussion. WERNER CYRMON - Feel free to change the original disucssion topic headline to more accurately define your problem and respond to the feedback Werner E. has provided.

OFF TOPIC @Ryan:

1) This forked thread still shows the (wrong) old subject in the "Recent Content" list

2) Any explanation why sometimes threads show up sorted the wrong way? I think this happens when someone posts in a thread and then deletes his post (It should not happen of course). Maybe it also happens if you "touch" the thread in some way?

05.05.png

Yes, very off topic. But, happy to provide my insights.

1. Hmm, interesting! I guess regardless if a discussion is branched that it retains the original subject line in the "Recent Content" list/widget. I'm curious if this will update in the next 24 hours, I'll also follow up with our community sofware provider to see if this is the expected behavior.

2. I assume that the ''Recent Content" displays threads based on the date of the latest update. Since I marked an answer as correct on the discussion (Re: new uesername) without writing a reply to that discussion it natually brought it to to the top of the list.

Top Tags