cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Iterative equation

MartonTimea
1-Newbie

Iterative equation

Hi. I would like to solve the equation below by iteration for ro_g=0.616, ro_a=1.2, Ho=2, Hd=1.5

Capture.JPG

Thank you for the help. Have a good day

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The equation you posted originally is different from the one in your worksheet.

Hn.PNG

Alan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:MartonTimea)

Type it in using a boolean equal sign and use a solve block with Find() to get your solution.

Always better to post a worksheet rather than a pic!

I will do so from now on. I am sorry i am quite new in the community. I have did what you said but i don't understand why it is not working. The worksheet is attached. Thank you.

solveNd.png

The equation you posted originally is different from the one in your worksheet.

Hn.PNG

Alan

Yes. I appologize. I wrote a minus instead of plus. But thank you for the help. It is working now. Have a good day.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:MartonTimea)

but i don't understand why it is not working.

The reason is that the solutions of the equation are complex numbers and this would require a complex guess value. If you use 2+2i as initial guess your sheet works.

You can also evaluate the solve block find() symbolically or use the symbolic "solve" command to get all two conjugate complex solutions. Neither of the two would need a guess value.

You have not only changed the values of the variables, compared to your initital post, but also the equation - I think the latter was not done on purpose.

See the attached sheets for further explanantions and the solution using your original information.

Announcements

Top Tags