cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Laterally loaded pile in rock

OLUBUKOLAADEBOY
8-Gravel

Laterally loaded pile in rock

Hi Everyone,

Would anybody help me with the attached file. My goal is to solve the equations using the Find function, MathCAD is complaining of variables not defined. All variables are defined.

Regards,

Boyer

7 REPLIES 7

In mathcad Prim, you can use units with solve blocks, but in M15 you cannot.

Try reformating your problem without units (using implicit units) and see if you can get it to work. Then you can go beack and add units, but divide them out to use the solve block, and then add them back.

As I understand it, the error messages you get from solve blocks are not very helpful.

AlanStevens
17-Peridot
(To:wayne)

Wayne Reid wrote:

In mathcad Prim, you can use units with solve blocks, but in M15 you cannot.

Actually, in this case the units are ok, because they are all the same. The problem is that two of the equations had misspelled variable names - not unusual when there are so many of them!! See attached. (To find the errors I right-clicked on the red u and then followed 'Trace error').

Alan

Looking at this a little more I notice there are several unnecessarily repeated equations in the solve block. I've removed them in the attached. I've also questioned the sign of a component in one of them - see attached.

Alan

Good Morning MathCAD Community,

I would like to thank all of you who has participated in this forum. I have converted the problem to MathCAD Prime and it works, but some of the equations for output result are not responing. Please see attached.

Regards,

Boyer

Hi Alan,

Attached is a MathCAD 15 version. I have copied other equations into your modified version.Please, I still have some errors and the graph would not plot.Help!

Regards,

Boyer

You should have m^4, not m^5, in the denominator.

Then the next equation has a unit mismatch, but you will have to figure out exactly where the mistake is.

As Richard says, you've got a couple of m^5's instead of m^4's. Also, you've got a set of brackets in the wrong place in your expression for gamma.

Alan

Announcements

Top Tags