cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

MathCad 12 Student Edition

PhilippTuchel
1-Newbie

MathCad 12 Student Edition

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have recently bought the MathCad 12 Student Edition, but unfortunately it has neither worked on Windows XP nor on Windows Vista properly. First I have entered the Product-Key on both systems correctly and MathCad has been installed. On Windows Vista I have not been able to open mathcad.exe. To activate MathCad I have to open it, right? On Windows XP I have had the same problem besides opening mcad.exe for activation. After double-clicking on mathcad.exe and mcad.exe I have seen a running window, but it has been shut down. What is my fault? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Philipp Tuchel
2 REPLIES 2

I believe Mathcad 12 was made before XP and Vista. That said, it might work, if you are an administrator on your machine. Search through these forums for others who have Vista.

Mathcad 12 was a particularly buggy version of Mathcad. I suggest you take advantage of the $99 offer available now to upgrade to Mathcad 14 including a number of extension packs and E-books. It's posted under the Announcements forum.

Mona

Mona,
is the upgrade offer to MCAD 14 also valid for student versions?
Alain
Announcements

Top Tags