cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad 12 abortion

GerdSchlechtrie
1-Newbie

Mathcad 12 abortion

Since some time I have problems to run mathcad. Trying to start mathcad leads to an abortion of the programme - even after reinstallation. I have heard about conflicts with microsoft net frame?? On my system Microsoft Net Frame 2.0 ist installed, together with Microsoft Net frame 1.1, which I was aked to install during the reinstallation procedure of Mathcad 12. May be the conflict is due to the fact, that there are two version of Microsoft Net Frame on my computer (Windows 2000 Professionell Service Pack 4). Thanks in advance for help. Gerd
3 REPLIES 3

I don't know about 2000, but under XP you can have as many versions of .NET installed as you want. Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Mathsoft\Mathcad and delete the folder "12". It will be recreated next time you start Mathcad. That might fix it. Also, if you are running 12.0 you should download the service release from the PTC site. Richard

"Richard Jackson" wrote:

I don't know about 2000, but under XP you can have as many versions of .NET installed as you want. Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Mathsoft\Mathcad and delete the folder "12". It will be recreated next time you start Mathcad. That might fix it. Also, if you are running 12.0 you should download the service release from the PTC site. Richard

I wasn't aware that the service release wouldn't install if you deleted that folder. Richard
Top Tags