cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mathcad 15 and Excel 2013?

ojoshi-2
3-Visitor

Mathcad 15 and Excel 2013?

Hi,

We just upgraded to Excel 2013 this week and the first casualty of the change was Mathcad 15. While I can embed the Mathcad template in Excel sheet, I don't know how to pass the variables from Excel to Mathcad. When I was using Excel 2003, I used to just name the cells as variables adn then assign them as in0. in1 etc usign the toolbar attached towards right hand side. But I can't see that toolbar in Excel 2013 now.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Omkar

3 REPLIES 3

Used to write a VB macro to define in0, in1, etc.

Don't know about EXCEL 2013 . . .

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:ojoshi-2)

Unfortunately the Excel add-in for mathcad does not work properly on Excel 2010 and mathcad 15.

I've had this confirmed by PTC tech support - see other threads on the matter. The problem is partly that the add-in is not a supported PTC tool, rather it was something the staff at Mathsoft created many years back, and the Excel interface has changed enough it doesn't play nice any more (the last bit is my interpretation).

Mathcad 15_M010 works very well with excel 2010

Top Tags