cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad Prime 4.0 installation problems

Tobias_Str
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 4.0 installation problems

Hello,

I have a little problem with mathcad prime 4.0 and I hope that somebody on here can help me.

I already paid the 12.00€ that mathcad prime 4.0 costs and verified my adress but then the problems started.

I got an E-Mail that had a file attached to it which i saved to my computer first (like the E-Mail said) and then tried to open the file on my computer. But every time I do this PhotoDirector just tells me that the file can not be opened because it's damaged / not supported and that I should check the content sources and try again.

If somebody knows what I'm doing wrong please tell me as soon as possible because I need mathcad for school and without it I'm screwed.

1 REPLY 1
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Tobias_Str)

You probably should not open the file from within Windows's File explorer. I assume it's a license file, possibly with the extension '.lic'.

Mathcad Prime needs that file to very your license. Within Mathcad Prime, press the 'activate' button (just below the ribbin towards the rightof the window) and when asked for, point to the license file you got by e-mail.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags