I'm having an issue with the reference to another worksheet. I referenced several worksheets in order to compare results only to find prime having a tantrum claiming there is an error in the source sheet. However, when opening the source sheet everything seems to be fine. It get's even weirder: when using a reference in another sheet the data from the source sheet (the one Prime claims to have an error) just loads fine.
Has anybody else had the same issue and does anybody know a remedy?
I'm not at liberty to provide the sheet, sorry.
Check your reference structure for a reference loop.
Your reference structure should be a tree. Branches are allowed, but you should not have two branches reference the same leaf...
-don't use global variables.
- check if you redefine the same identifier (possibly with a different meaning) in one of the subsheets.
that doesn't seem to be the problem. My structure is as in the sketch below. Sometimes source 2 is identified as having an error and sometimes source 5. This is what puzzles me. The unreliable, intermittend nature of the refernce function in prime. First I saw it a neat i.e. the simple way to insert it by a keyboard short cut but then I noticed how sluggish it is and then the reliability issue.
Picture was lost. Simple cut and paste appears to work, but still doesn't. You have to save the picture and insert it using the 'Photos' button...
Yes, that's OK. Now the question is what is in each of the references.
Could you bring it down to bare essence: showing the problem, but be publishable...?
Note: I cannot 'use' referenced files, I'm limited to Express and referencing is one of the Premium features. But I could open each of the references. Others with a Prime license could find out if they experience the same problem. And you could show it to PTC customer service....
P.S. regarding reference problems. This will probably not help in your case, but still:
Please send your issue by using "Mathcad Support Center":
I came to this thread with the same issue. I'm guessing you've long since solved your issue, but I thought I would still contribute to the community. In my case, I had quite a few excel components in the referenced worksheet. The excel components were a mess with several independent variables used for inputs and outputs. I went through and cleaned everything up by grouping the inputs into as few variables as I could outside of the excel component and creating one output variable that referenced the whole excel table (making one array) and then defining variables outside of the excel component using the submatrix function. This seemed to solve the problem for me.
In the reference files, excluding the names of the functions, any other variable or constant defined in them, must be unique; that is, if in a reference file, there is x := 2 in the main or calling file, there cannot be x := 3 so you should define in the reference not x := 2 but x _ := 2, and so on. This applies to M15 but should also apply to Prime.
In a reference file, for example, I have the following definitions: the complex-conjugate, defined with the asterisk symbol and not with a strikethrough letter; the adjoint of a matrix, defined with the sword symbol. The variables in the same reference file have a subscript so that they are not redefined in the calling files. See the following picture (of course b-sword and aa-sword are names, while q_ sword is intended as the action of the sword operator (adjoin operator) on q_. Name of the file reference f.e. "global data)