cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad prime2.0 limitation here...on maximum number of row index

ptc-4735478
1-Newbie

Mathcad prime2.0 limitation here...on maximum number of row index

Please see my attached prime 2.0 file. I wrote a modified program in mathcad prime2.0 based on Harvey Hensley stoich_mod mathcad 15 file.

It turns out I have to break my program in two part or mathcad prime2.0 would not do it. It says row index out of range if I put all the operation in 1 program. Then it turns out it is ok if I separate it into 2 peices.....how strange...anyone know what is going on here?

I literally just break my program into two half without doing additional work...why is prime2.0 so strange...Or is it just the problem of my program..

2 REPLIES 2

HI Henry,

I'm not sure why this works in one case and not in another , but part of the problem appears to be that you are taking a column vector from your complete array and then indexing the rows in it using the number of columns to do so.

Obviously , once you exceed the number of rows , prime should stop & report an error.

In the case of the whole program , I think that is what happens.

However I would also expect that the same thing should happen even if you split the program!

A careful inspection of the program will be necessary to ensure that you are getting predictable answers4

Capture4.PNG

Regards

Andy

I found the problem.

all I have to do is use a line

v3<---v3

before the second half of my program

and it solve everything!

Top Tags