cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Matrices: data displays as fractions

RosanelladC
1-Newbie

Matrices: data displays as fractions

Good day everyone

I am working on direct iteration of eigenvectors operations but the results inside the matrices display as fractions.

I've already been into Format --> Result --> decimal with trailing zeros and I'm still seeing fractions.

How do I get Mathcad to display the results of iterations inside the matrices as decimals, please?

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:RosanelladC)

Rosanella di-Costanzo schrieb:

Good day everyone

I am working on direct iteration of eigenvectors operations but the results inside the matrices display as fractions.

I've already been into Format --> Result --> decimal with trailing zeros and I'm still seeing fractions.

How do I get Mathcad to display the results of iterations inside the matrices as decimals, please?

It usually helps posting the worksheet in question. You can do this clicking extended editor at the upper right corner.

How do you evaluate your matrix? Using the numeric equal sign or using the symbol processor (right arrow)?

The numeric usually defaults to "General" and would show you the decimals you wish, so I assume symbolic.

The symbolic result can be forced to decimals in at least three different ways:

1) checking "Apply to symbolic results" in the format menu you mentioned. If you invoke this menu when a math region is clicked on changes apply to that region only. If no region is selected then the whole worksheet is affected.

2) Using a decimal in the expression ypu evaluate (writing 3.0 instead of 3 suffices)

3) using the modifier "float,8" (or any numer you wish) with the symbolic evaluation.

Werner

Thank you Werner

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:RosanelladC)

You're welcome.

Did you solve your problem?

>You're welcome.

>Did you solve your problem?

It seems so.

Announcements

Top Tags