cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Matrix of Matrix Problem UNsolved

igued
1-Newbie

Matrix of Matrix Problem UNsolved

Hello,

I want to create a matrix composed of vectors and matrix, and manipulate each coefficient one by one by using his index.

In fact, you can display each coefficient of the matrix but you can't modify all of them :

Nouvelle image.bmp

In this example, I can't modify the coefficient 0,0 placed in the submatirx which is placed at 1,1 in  matrix D

I have attached an example illustrating my problem.

3 REPLIES 3
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:igued)

Is Gued wrote:

Hello,

I want to create a matrix composed of vectors and matrix, and manipulate each coefficient one by one by using his index.

In fact, you can display each coefficient of the matrix but you can't modify all of them :

Nouvelle image.bmp

In this example, I can't modify the coefficient 0,0 placed in the submatirx which is placed at 1,1 in matrix D

I have attached an example illustrating my problem.

This is a "feature" that has been present in Mathcad for a Very Long Time.   There have been multiple requests over a period of at least 10 years to provide adequate multi-dimensional array support, including a more natural and consistent indexing system. 

Your "Clearly Inapplicable for Everyday Use" solution is the only one, unless you want to extract the submatrix, set the value in that and then copy the amended submatrix back into the main array.

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

There have been multiple requests over a period of at least 10 years to provide adequate multi-dimensional array support, including a more natural and consistent indexing system.

There have been multiple requests to fix this specific indexing issue. Sigh

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

There have been multiple requests over a period of at least 10 years to provide adequate multi-dimensional array support, including a more natural and consistent indexing system.

There have been multiple requests to fix this specific indexing issue. Sigh

Tell me about it, already.

Directly setting a nested matrix element

Re: Nested Matricies Editing

I think I prefer Is's "clearly inapplicable for everyday use" to my "right royal pain in the neck", although both are true.

Stuart

Top Tags