cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Multiplying values inside a mathcad table

Gunjac
1-Newbie

Multiplying values inside a mathcad table

Hi folks!

Is there ny way to multiply values inside Mathcad table like its done in Excel?

See file attached.

Thanx

9 REPLIES 9
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:Gunjac)

You cannot attach an equation to a cell in a mathcad table, the table is either input or a place to display results or output. You can embed an EXCEL sheet in Mathcad and do what you're asking.

Sound interesting but I would like to do all in one place.

What you said mean that I must manipulate tablein Excel and then import it in Mathcad, right?

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

No, you can put an EXCEL sheet (fully functional) into the Mathcad document.

nas0k
7-Bedrock

I remember someone doing some interesting things using tables in Prime 3.0; Valery maybe? Anyway, you can write formulas in tables but the results posted outside. Please see some simple examples attached.

Fred,

is there anyway that you can SUM all the values from column C and create an Mathcad solution?

See file attached.

Thank you.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Yes,but why would you?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

is there anyway that you can SUM all the values from column C and create an Mathcad solution?

You are just about to switch from Excel calculation sheets to Mathcad, right?

See the attached for doing what you have demanded without using and embedding Excel, which I consider an anachronism anyway for this task.

I think you should forget about thinking in rows and columns and cell formulas but rather think the way you would use your formulas in a more natural way. I know, after using Excel for some years one begins to believe that pure numbers in a grid without any units, with an awkward way to name cell ranges and with hidden formulas is natural, but it sure isn't.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Why would you want to use Excel's cell manipulations when you can have Mathcad's calculation with meaningful variable names and units, too??

Hi Mario,

Yes there is a way to put the last column in as you require.

The table creates a variable called "lay".

What is done here is create a new variable called "output".

You first extract the columns you need.

Do the arithmatic on the extracted columns in an element by element fashion (With one vectorised expression)

Then reassemble the required individual columns with the "augment" function.

Have enclosed a file that does this as an extension of the one provided.

If required you can set the assign the original "lay" to the new values "output"

Hope it helps.

Top Tags