cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Navigating planetptc

f.kohlhepp
1-Newbie

Navigating planetptc

When this forum first opened there was a lot of discussion about the difficulty navigating through the pages and finding the new posts. Several promises were made to improve the system and we were counseled to "be patient."

I have seen (after I log in) the bold type indicating a new post has been added. The "all content" tab, however does not display all content; if I select a sub forum a whole new list with new bold entries appears. If I select a topic to read, I need two clicks on IE's "back" button to get back to the top forum. Then I can select a different sub forum to view. In order to sift for the new posts on the entire forum requires a lot of time and more patience than I usually have; I used to scan the entire collaboratory about twice a day for new posts, now I scan a few of the subforums and quit to do something productive.

Are things still being changed? How long should we be patient? If we stop complaining will the changes stop too?

Is there a way to set up the web pages so that they're easier to sort throgh? Where are those buttons? (I found the ones to share with facebook, twitter, etc.)

Final question: The collaboratory was a great forum for idea exchanges and getting help; problems with Mathcad and with real technical problems could be posed and answers found. Planetptc is going to replace the collaboratory. How many people are going to give up trying to navigate through this web site and stop participating?

Fred

32 REPLIES 32

Hear! Hear!

LouP
11-Garnet
(To:RichardJ)

Richard -

well summarized.

Lou

Yes Lou,

Go Richard, go ...

>Think of that as our "Library of Alexandria"<

That's the point about the former collab, it contains lot more before PTC acquired Mathasoft [April, 2006] than after. Let's see it in bulk in short, many major collabs before that date have been turnuing points for myself and those reading regularly. Many profitable tools have names: Valery, Robert, Viktor, Martin, Uli, Xavier, Paul, Tom, Mathsoft Advisor, Steven Finch ... These gorgeous tools are not lost completely, I have them +++. If each of the "Mathcad Power Users" could plug their stuff in Planet PTC, in about one month Planet would have several thousands pages of Mathcad stuff [jmG]. I made the suggestion that PTC license me Adobe [the pro version] so I could put all that stuff in my web site. I haven't heard of such proposition yet. Or alternately, PLanet PTC design a repository like in the old days of Mathcad ... a repository of work sheets & *.PDF ... the *.PDF for any public visitor to download even if they don't have Mathcad installed. Planet PTC call themselves a "big gear" but in fact not available for the public. That approach of a "Planet PTC Mathcad Repository" should make competition envious. Competition reads this forum, PTC should take the lead . In some ways, the "Planet PTC Mathcad Repository" is probably what Dan was talking about "new Mathcad group", let say a "Repository Group", helping/contributing between members for the best of the community and the public.

jmG

Top Tags